The Senior Business Systems Analyst will be assisting in implementing and integrating JDE E1 into our newly acquired companies. They will be supporting various functional teams and help them implement new systems, research new project management packages and provide gap analysis between JDE and other operationally focused systems. They will also assist internal users. One key responsibility of this position will be to bridge the gap with our Project Management team leaders and develop a roadmap for determining integration with existing tools to determine how we can best serve distributing information to our project decision makers.
- Able to lead the project management track during project implementations.
- Employ change management methods to assess needs, objectives, functions, features, and input and output requirements for issues or projects related to departmental and company objectives.
- Consults with personnel of all business units involved with a project or issue, to gather information about current operational procedures.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations. May analyze or recommend commercially available software.
- Writes and maintains technical specifications, assists with preparation of workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by the equipment, computer programs, and personnel.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs.
- Writes and maintains documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
- Writes documentation or reviews existing documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions.
- Trains end users or technical staff.
- Monitors performance of systems and processes after implementation.
- Employee is expected to perform other duties as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Configure E1 software to match business requirements.
- JD Edwards E1 experience is preferred
- Candidate must have knowledge of IBM iSeries tools and techniques, JDE ERP systems, Microsoft Office, IBM Query, SQL, DB2, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of computer system terms and functions.
- Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts, and draw solid conclusions. Successful candidate will have proven ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.
- Candidate should have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 5 – 7 years as JDE E1 8.11 or greater job cost/revenue recognition experience in construction industry.
- Candidate must have demonstrable proficiency in understanding revenue computation methods.
- Deep understanding of the JDE E1 contract and service billing modules, project costing and advanced job forecasting modules.
- Understanding of multicurrency time accounting process.
- Ability and skills to develop job costing reports using Oracle tools such as One View Reporting, or JDE Tools such as Hubble or ReportsNow is required.