The Senior Programmer Analyst CRM Dynamics [Salary up to $90,000] will handle complex analysis and advanced level programming for enterprise-level applications. This individual will perform a variety of coding and programming tasks on various platforms; manage complex application development projects; develop design specifications for comprehensive system software; and provide guidance to IT staff in their areas of expertise.
- Programming & Development – 45%; Analysis – 30%; Project Management – 10%; Knowledge Sharing – 15%
- Participate in on-going configuration, development and publication of systems, programs, and reports. The developer will investigate, analyze, and program changes in the existing application systems.
- Write, execute and support detailed test scripts for unit testing, understanding the level of detail needed for completeness of project documentation.
- Prepare documentation to insure and maintain the ability of the systems whether for operational support, disaster recovery, or technical specifications
- Assist management and project leadership in performing best practice project management functions to include leading project teams, participating on project teams, and helping maintain project documentation and status, and enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Engage actively with business users, peers, management, and customer teams to develop insights and strategies that help improve business productivity and profitability and streamline business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of Microsoft Dynamics CRM programming experience.
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Developer experience with related Microsoft Technologies such as Microsoft SQL Server with minimum SQL expertise requiring ability to create SQL stored procedures, Triggers, Views, Functions; ASP.Net; SSRS reports; and C#.
- Understanding of CRM Architecture and customization required. MS Dynamics GP, MS Project experience preferred.
- Experience with Scribe software, Team Foundation Server, and HTML 5 a plus.
- Proven presentation and analytical skills, business systems and process analysis skills.
- Ability to partner effectively with the IT Network Infrastructure and Help Desk teams to ensure the implementation of seamless business system solutions and ongoing service and support.
- Developer must be able to “think outside the box”, as well as demonstrate the ability to develop solutions that integrate into other architectures.
- Excellent communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills are required and must be able to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Seasoned business analyst able to grasp the needs of the business operation, translate business needs into requirements specifications and configure/program to create the needed results.
- Possess the ability to quickly understand complex business processes and work in a team environment to develop application solutions to meet business needs.
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties and multiple projects with respect to business needs, competing priorities.