JDE E1 Senior Developer [to $125,000] will gather information and user support in order to develop, modify and maintain application systems. Developer will translate information requirements into logical, economical, and practical design systems. Developer must understand the business functions to be processed and the technologically available to implement. Developer will work with personnel in other departments to ensure that system solutions meet informational and operational needs.
One of the key activities this lead developer will assist in is the conversion activities when we migrate from the JDE World to E1 environment. The Develop will assist in converting forms, reports and interfaces to work with the new E1 system.
If functioning as project leader, the developer will participate in project organization, scheduling, and coordination with user departments. Developer may carry project but not administrative responsibility for other analysts, programmers or users assigned.
The position will serve as a senior resource to provide both development and technical support on the JD Edwards E1 platform as well as the JDE World Platform. This position will be part of the team working with business users to design business solutions to meet current and future business requirements. A strong communicator with excellent technical skills who can accomplish software requirements by developing/maintaining applications and databases at a high technical level Participate in the development and post implementation support of JD Edwards (JDE) E1 enhancement projects.
- Perform modifications to existing JDE objects, new report/interface development using the JDE Development Toolset (Object Management Workbench).
- Review and analyze business requirements and develop solutions using JDE EnterpriseOne and other available tools that enhance or support business and operations
- Participate in defining project proposals and estimates, statements of work, project plans and implementation strategies for Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, and Enhancements (RICE)
- Develop, code and test JDE RICE deliverables according to JDE best practices
- Communicate product information and provide guidance to clients and coworkers on issues, tools and techniques, enhancements, changes in processes and related information
- Work collaboratively with consultants, implementation managers and client IT resources to develop, test, implement products and issue resolution
- Ensure quality of RICE deliverables using development testing methods, code reviews and user acceptance testing
- Setup and monitor scheduled jobs
- Monitor JDE logs
- Provide end-user and implementation team troubleshooting assistance
- Attend and actively participate in project and internal status meetings
- Remain abreast of E1 Systems Administration and E1 Code current practices
- A minimum of 5 years experience in JDE programming and IT Applications Development using a variety of tools and technology (SFTP, SQL, Scripting language)
- Experience in JD Edwards ERP 8.0 or later development, Object Oriented programming and extensive and varied EDI mapping.
- Familiarity with the development life cycle and its implementation.
- Extensive experience in developer unit testing.
- Excellent hands on knowledge on Event Rules.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Configure E1 software to match business requirements.
- JD Edwards E1 experience is required
- Candidate must have knowledge of IBM iSeries tools and techniques, JDE ERP systems, Microsoft Office, IBM Query, SQL, DB2, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a thorough knowledge of computer system terms and functions.
- Demonstrated experience in BI Publisher is required.
- Expert level understanding of Enterprise One project promotion, package builds and deployments.
- Experience in writing SQL queries using Microsoft tools
- Experience with the following tools:
- Oracle Weblogic Server
- Oracle Webcenter Services
- Familiarity with CNC desired, but not required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business related field; equivalent education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 5+ years of JD Edwards Enterprise One Developer experience
- Experience with JDE Enterprise One 9.0 or higher
- Experience with Financial Report Writer
- JDE Business Services knowledge and experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting experience of interactive applications, UBE and business functions
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with JDE interoperability processes, such as Z file processing.
- Experience using BI Publisher
- Strong understanding of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne foundation.
- Experience with a variety of relational database Servers is preferred – Oracle, SQL Server or DB2